Nordic skiers of New Mexico don’t mince their words.
“…We are the University of New Mexico Ski Team, and we desperately need your help…
This is the message on Change.org that outlines the cause for the decades-long programme abrupt shutdown: the UNM ought to urgently find money to pay a basketball coach a nice round sum of one million dollar for early contract termination.
Yeah, that’s what college basketball coaches get in the U.S. – and the only way the money could be found, allegedly, is by chopping off the skiing program, that was run since 1968 and that provides funding for two dozen young athletes and two full time coaches.
The terminated xc skiers refuse to go down quietly, however, and have launched an appeal, demanding a reversal of decision, that so far has been signed by some 7700 people.
- You Could Become Big Cheese Next Season!
- Will Luxury Save Nordic Skiing?
- Johannes Bo Talks About How He Spends His Money – And How He Doesn’t
- Klaebo Comments For First Time On His Disagreements With Federation Over What To Wear – And What Not
- Team Leader vs Federation: Who Has Right To Athlete’s Body?