Nordic skiers of New Mexico don’t mince their words.
“…We are the University of New Mexico Ski Team, and we desperately need your help…
This is the message on Change.org that outlines the cause for the decades-long programme abrupt shutdown: the UNM ought to urgently find money to pay a basketball coach a nice round sum of one million dollar for early contract termination.
Yeah, that’s what college basketball coaches get in the U.S. – and the only way the money could be found, allegedly, is by chopping off the skiing program, that was run since 1968 and that provides funding for two dozen young athletes and two full time coaches.
The terminated xc skiers refuse to go down quietly, however, and have launched an appeal, demanding a reversal of decision, that so far has been signed by some 7700 people.
- This Is How Much Norway Spends On Its National Team
- Dear Skiers, It’s Time To Get Off Your Butts And To Start Making Yourselves Useful To Sponsors!
- Big Sponsor Helps Norwegian Skiing Out Of Financial Hole, But Changes Are Dire
- Introducing My Sponsor: Hailey Swirbul And Odin Recreation
- Coronavirus: How’s Your Business Affected?