Marit Bjoergen is all flowers this week – literally. A Norwegian skiing star has appeared in the photoshoot for the Breast Cancer Awareness Month, sporting a night sleeveless gown decorated with freshly cut flowers, sponsored by the flower store Mester Grønn.
Each year the florists create a special Pink Ribbon bouquet, as their way of supporting breast cancer research. In 2016 NOK 2.7 million from the sale of bouquets, freshly cut roses and scented candles was donated.
– To recover from breast cancer to then fight after effects must be incredibly tough. Not just for those who are ill, but also those who are close to them.
In 2017, Mester Grønn’s florists have gone one step further and have created ski racing suits – pink, of course, with flower ornament on the chest and the back.
Here is an indomitable Norwegian trio of Astrid Jacobsen, Heidi Weng and Marit Bjoergen, – all wearing their new suits. Looks good in pink, as they say! Perhaps, the Norwegian ladies would consider competing in these suits at the Olympics in PyeongChang?
Photo courtesy of: Mester Grønn / CF Wesenberg
- (Some) Olympians Express Concerns: Pyeongchang Games Are Too Close To North Korea
- When You Got It – Flaunt It!
- Meet HABs – their husbands and boyfriends
- Reactions To Norwegians Dropping Out Of North American World Cup Stages
- Rollerskiing Is About Being Fit, Great Looking And Overall Cool . Why Industry Fails To Advertize That?!