The six suspended Russian skiers, including an Olympic champion and Tour de Ski winner Alexander Legkov will travel to Lausanne at the end of the month to appear in front of the Oswald Commission.
The so-called disciplinary commission of the International Olympic Committee , led by the Swiss IOC member Denis Oswald is tasked with providing the final answer to the question at the heart of the scandal: were the doping samples at the Olympics in Sochi manipulated or not – and if “yes” – who is to blame.
Other members of the Commission are IOC vice-president Juan Antonio Samaranch and Tony Estanguet, deputy chairperson of the Athletes’ Commission.
At the stake is admission of the Russian athletes to Pyeongchang 2018
The six Russians were suspended lasyt year but cleared by the CAS in the summer to race “if no new evidence emerged” ( see background here
Head if the Russian Cross Country Skiing Federation, Yelena Välbe, told the RSPort news agency that she is to travel along with the six to Switzerland where they are die on October 30th.
- …Yet Experience Still Matters At Olympics – And These Guys Prove It
- Upshot Of Decision To Ban Legkov/Belov
- Skiers’ Lawyer: Investigation Concludes There Was No Probe Tampering
- Markus Cramer Explains What Russian Skiers Got To Know By Working With Him – And What He Learned From Them
- ATEX – Brand That Dares To Be Different