In Part 1 we have tried to relay our fascination ( and appreciation) with what Olav Hagen, a retired Norwegian policeman, did and still is doing to the world of skiing: making it wear helmets.
Because helmets are not just useful – they are cool. Actually, make it super cool. Klaebo-level cool!
Now we give stage to Olav himself to explain in his own words
– The Aramid roll cage of Catlike Mixino is one of the keys to a safe and very light helmets. This is basically Kevlar that is as strong as steel and is used in ballistic vests, aerospace construction etc.
– The Aramid/Kevlar/graphene combo works in such a way that it picks up the energy from the hit points during the crash and shares it over a bigger area to reduce the risk of injuries in the head and concussion.
I often see how this works in practice!
Didrik Tonseth was wearing Mixino when he had a horrible crash last year. He said that the helmet saved his life!
View this post on Instagram
Didrik Tønseth forteller om det stygge fsllet på rulleski 4. Sept i fjor som holdt på å ødelegge skikarrieren hans! Her forteller Didrik hvor viktig det er å bruke hjelm når man trener på rulleski! Catlike Mixino hjelmen som Didrik brukte 4. sept i fjor, reddet trolig livet hans! #langrennslandslaget #catlikehelmets #helmet #life #save #safetyfirst #protection #internalcage #kevlar #ventilation #sparebank1 #godesammen #innfjorden #brukhue #brukhjelm #debestebrukerdetbeste #onelifeliveit
– Catlike is one of the few brands that offer custom painting for teams and clubs
– For cross country skiers another thing sets Mixino apart: it is probably the most ventilated helmet in the market. The airtubes go over one’s head and end up in the rear part of the helmet.
– The fit of the Mixino is fantastic. Catlike has a sidepadding system which means that different size and form of the users head can fit into the helmet. The sidepadding allows a round head compared to an oval head type to use the same helmet. As result, it fits around 90% of all the users.
– Catlike introduced in July 2018 the latest version of Mixino – Mixino Evo. It will weigh 225g and will be available with and without MIPS ( Multi-directional Impact Protection System. It’s the latest word in the science of head impact protection. google for more)