Here’s another proof that the august sport of cross country skiing is experiencing a massive revival:
Yet another ski manufacturer is about to come on the market: Austrian Kästle Ski is getting into the game.
Kästle is a huge name in downhill skiing , associated with such greats as Pirmin Zurbriggen and Kjetil Andre Aamodt. It used to produce cross country skis too, models RX and CX were quite popular especially with Nordic combined and biathlon folk back in 1970s – but the production of narrow skis has long ceased.
And here they are back.
“We will be launching three model lines for winter 2019/20. The best line will be World Cup level” says Kästle message to the Daily Skier – without revealing further details as yet. Looks like a presentation of new skis will be at ISPO exhibition in Munich in 2019.
A few months ago the Vorarlberg-based Kästle got a new majority shareholder – Czech consortium Consil Sport
Consil Sport already owns a local cross-country skis brand Sporten , producer of quality, yet little known outside Czechia, běžecké lyže , popular with skiers in the area.
all photos courtesy of Kästle Ski
- Here Comes 4KAAD – Andreas Bennert Talks About His New Project
- Magic Plastic Carpet Instead Of Snow. Take Two
- ISPO-2019. New Gear Highlights. Part 2
- Madshus And GoreWear Announce Cooperation. Why Is It Important For You, Me & Everyone Else
- It Finally Happened. Petter Northug Presents His Glasses Collection