…in sprint finale at the first stage of the FIS World Cup in Ruka Alexander Bolshunov has shown to the whole skiing world that grit pays off. When Johannes Klaebo, thinking he has un assailable lead, has slowed down to look around, Bolshunov kept on working – and won.
The first race of the season has proven that the commentators have been all correct so far: two 22 year olds ( Bolshunov is still , technically 21) , the Norwegian and the Russian, are in the league of their own and will dominate the upcoming season.
The Daily Skier has followed Bolshunov through his summer and autumn training camps – and here are our observations, illustrated:
- Introducing Star About To Rise
- Bolshunov And Zherebyateva. On Love, Support – And Johannes Klaebo
- Road to Seefeld-2019. Meet Eva Urevc, Emerging Sprint Sensation
- Role Of Individual In History. Ski History, That Is
- Madshus And GoreWear Announce Cooperation. Why Is It Important For You, Me & Everyone Else