It’s plus 5 Celsius in Lillehammer today , with steady rain. Same as a prevailing weather in Finland and Scandinavia throughout the whole month of November.
“Something is got to be done about that ” is a popular ( not unanimous, however) feeling among athletes, coaches and equipment producers. Nobody, however, is prepared to go on record with their ideas as to what specifically suggested ( and we heard some interesting ones, trust us!)
The irony is, both North America and Siberia currently go through a moderate cold spell, with plenty of snow and sub-zero temperatures. Most skiers would like to have the World Cup races to be held somewhere in there in November-early December.
But either the lack of money ( North America) or the politics ( Russia) prevent that from happening. Sad!
We hope to continue this conversation with all involved when/if they decide to go public with their criticism of the current situation and, more importantly, with specific suggestions.
all photos are courtesy of NRK/NRK Sport ( screengrab)
- XC Skiing Massively Lucked Out With Klaebo Brothers
- Quick Fireside Chat With Johannes Klaebo & His Thoughts As To Where Skiing Should Be Going
- Meet Man Behind Success Of Summer Skiing Fests In Norway
- Part III. Changes Skiing Would Likely Have To Undergo
- Bolshunov In Rare Tell-All Interview About Klaebo, King And Training In Crimea