It came to pass: Petter Northug Jr. has decided to end his illustrious career.
It’s the end of an era – and, hopefully, a beginning of a new one.
We won’t effort to remind you how many medals he won and where- you either already remember that yourself or will read it elsewhere. Instead we shall highlight what really made Petter Northug the one & only, the king of skis – and social media.
In no particular order:
Who else would choose a personalized bib with that number? Scandalized? You are barking on the wrong tree!
Who else would arrive to a ( minor) race in private jet?
Who else is so charmingly self-deprecating?
Who could post something like this – and totally get away with that…because he’s Petter Northug?
Who’s gonna feed all tabloid journalism with stories of his conquests ( yeah, you could count us in all you like)?
In short, it’s not ( only) a great skier we gonna miss – but a trailblazer, trendsetter and, above all, that charming enfant terrible
Miss – and hope that a new one comes to eclipse Petter soon enough.
All photos used are courtesy of Petter Northug Jr Instagram account
- It Finally Happened. Petter Northug Presents His Glasses Collection
- Hans Hubinger , Legendary Designer Of Fischer Skis, Recommends
- Here Comes 4KAAD – Andreas Bennert Talks About His New Project
- Andreas Bennert On His One Way Past, 4KAAD Future & Everything In Between
- Rain, Rain, Go Away! Go Away From Lillehammer!