FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships kicks off in Lahti on Sunday
We hereby present you some of the stars who are to shine there – and in the world skiing in general.
Note that we don’t use the word “ future”.
Love it or hate it, but cross country skiing is much younger now than it used to be – the men’s sprint finals at the World Cup in Estonia, for instance, featured two athletes who qualify to run in Lahti, but won’t as they are already recognized world’s best at their 22. Not that we need to name – but just in case: Klaebo and Bolshunov.
All on our list bar one already went to compete in World Cup races and some, like Erik Valnes, have made very accounting of themselves already.
The sole non-starter at the WCup races on our list is, of course, Frida Karlsson – the Swedish coaches have decided that a 19 year old is much too young for distance racing yet. We consider Karlsson to be the biggest budding talent there is on this planet and put her on the list without hesitation.
Frida Karlsson, Sweden
Beda Klee, Switzerland
Kristine Skistad, Norway
- Austrian Sprinter Becomes First XC Skier To Win Prestigious Matteo Baumgarten Award
- We Look At Those Who Trouble Comfortable And Comfort Troubled.
- Cross Country Is B-sport, You Know?
- The International Season Is Over. Here Are Changes That Need To Be Effected – Or Else
- Road to Seefeld-2019. Meet Eva Urevc, Emerging Sprint Sensation