Almost half, actually.
When Charlotte Kalla herself triumphed in the second edition of Tour de Ski, spectacularly overtaking then-leader Virpi Kuitinen on the final Alpe Cermis climb, she took home almost 100.000 Swiss franks as the series winner.
TdS Winner-2019, Ingvild Flugstad Östberg, was rewarded with CHF 55,000 – almost half.
“The TdS prize money needs to be raised because it is less for a victory in the tour now than when I won eleven years ago…. I think the money is definitely important factor” triple Olymoic champion told Swedish TT news agency
Quite a few top skiers, including hot favorite Therese Johaug, season’s sensation Ebba Andersson and, indeed, Kalla herself chose to skip TdS 2018/19.
- Nossum Tests Positive For Covid In Ruka UPDATED: Cleared On Subsequent Testing
- Tatyana Sorina Looks Unstoppable On Tracks – Eight Months After Having Baby!
- Engadin Refuses To Give Up!
- Zakopane Junior World Championships 2021 Cancelled, FIS Looks For Alternatives
- Alpina Starts Offering Top Rollerski Boots For Sale