We all know that professional sport is unfair. Technical sport like cross country skiing – double so.
For a while now the battle for medals was largely happening between the teams that could afford $500K+ wax trucks
Packed to the brim with the latest technology – including, arguably, the most important device of all: portable grinding machines.
Well, no more – this week FIS introduces a ban on bringing of grinding machines to the Olympics, the World Championship and the World Cup in attempt to remove at least one important advantage rich teams hitherto had.
Remains unclear how compliance with new regulations is going to be checked.
On the photo: inside Team Russia truck. Along with the Norwegians, the Swedes etc., the Russians made a good use of portable grinding machines
- It Finally Happened. Petter Northug Presents His Glasses Collection
- Equipment Update As Seen At Blink Ski Fest
- Northug’s Top Moments ( Arbitrary Chosen By Us)
- Trimtex Makes Leap Into Top League By Signing Frida Karlsson
- Johannes Klaebo Shows Rollerskis He Uses In Training – And He Co-Developped Them