From 2021 Holmenkollen 30/50k race, the only long-distance competition on the World Cup roster, is going back to being an individual start race.
It was that in the past but since 2009 it’s a mass start, alternating between classic and freestyle.
Let us guess: ski purists will love it, less discerning/younger crowd – not so much. TV bosses – even less so.
Pictured: start of 30k C at Holmenkollen-2019
- Nossum Tests Positive For Covid In Ruka UPDATED: Cleared On Subsequent Testing
- FIS World Cup Makes Comeback On Top Russian Sport TV Channel
- Tatyana Sorina Looks Unstoppable On Tracks – Eight Months After Having Baby!
- Gjerdalen Takes Over Long-distance Team, Two Maverick Skiers To Assist Him
- Engadin Refuses To Give Up!