No, the Olympic champion and, possibly, the most famous skier of all times is not planning to use his skis
Instead, he’s planning to use glasses.
Yes, Northug brand is a new official sponsor of the Norwegian Ski Federation with its eyewear.
The irony is not lost on either sides: no skier in the world ever quareled more with his national federation than Petter – particularly over brand endorsements.
” It may not sound like a love marriage, but now I can give something back by providing Northug glasses to the national team” cracks Northug to TV 2 Norway
” He’s a special kind of guy with unique achievements, quips Espen Bjervig, Team Norway’s manager, – Part of the deal is that Petter will mentor the young skiers and participate in on other projects”
On how to deal with national team sponsors, no doubt.
- Swedes Get Massive Hike In Individual Salaries, But Team Achievement Bonus Is Gone
- 1100 Hours Man Iivo Niskanen
- Nathalie Von Siebenthal Quits International Skiing Just Weeks Before Season Start
- Jean-Marc Draeyer, Man Who Picked SLABs For You ( If You Are Maja Dahlqvist That Is)
- IOC Cuts Teams Sizes For Olympics. Time To Consider Change Of Allegiance?