World Biathlon #1 Johannes Bo has got 460k euros from IBU in prize money last year, but that’s a fraction of what he makes from various endorsements.
He is happy to pay ( astronomical) Norwegian taxes and would not consider moving to a more tax-friendly to millionaires locale e.g. Austria the way the previous leader of the world biathlon did. As a consequence (probably ) he couldn’t afford to buy Bjorndalen’s famous camper van.
He also owns a house plus an appartment, flies economy but once spent several thousand euros in one go picking up the tab at a dinner.
He is also not immune to gambling.
All that is in interview Bo Younger gave to the Russian sports channel Match TV. Them folks are consistently and successfully develop profile of the great sport of biathlon and – as a consequence – seem to enjoy the trust of the world’s leading athletes. Talking about money is not the same as talking about race time. We could only applaud – even fifty years ago people would read papers willing to find out ” who’s shirts he wears” – and in our day & age it is almost impossible to avoid
( although many try)
The link is here – give your Russian a test or cheat with Google Translate.
- Thomas Drindl, Head Of Fischer Nordic : When It Comes To Promotion We Expect More From Our Sponsored Athletes
- Gjerdalen Takes Over Long-distance Team, Two Maverick Skiers To Assist Him
- Yelena Vyalbe: We Need Additional Half-a-million Euros Just For Corona-testing
- Adidas Signs Frida Karlsson. Why Is That Reason To Celebrate
- This Is How Much Norway Spends On Its National Team