We continue our conversation with Yann Vallet, Atomic Nordic boss of the last 4 years, where he talks about products developed under his guidance.
All quotes are from Yann – while photos used for illustration purposes are ours, taken at different FIS World Cup stages & during athletes’ training.
– Doublepolling skis? We make them on order but market’s too small to warrant mass production
– With new boots we are trying to achieve lower weight, better breathability – and evern higher durability. Customers expect boots to go for several seasons. Are they more for sprint or long-distance? Well, We want them to be warm enough for long-distance skiing.
– Target RRP will be 429 euros and the biggest market is Scandinavia.
– No on-spec production is planned for amateurs, no matter how well heeled, but top athletes will have theirs customized.
– Atomic is no longer supporting/producing SNS
– No expansions into apparel or, say, rollerski production. We want to concentrate on skis and boots.
– Pro-level poles? Very stiff competition in that sector of the market