Some things are forever. Like Alfa ski boots.
The Norwegian company had long stopped sponsoring World Cup-class athletes – and basically haven’t changed the look of its boots since what? 2005?
They still sport the same color and NNN sole that was ultra-hip back in 2010.
Boot upper, however, is very different/updated. Alfa is the only ski bookmaker using expensive Gore-tex insulation,for instance.
Design? Timeless! Alfa still moves several thousand pairs each year, so it must be.
Characteristically, Alfa is the only ski bootmaker that was exhibiting at ISPO very much apart & away from the rest of ” xcski crowd” – with other Scandinavian fashion labels, known for functionality, traditions – and steep price tag.
Alfas retail in Norway for just under 400 euros in equivalent.
- Closer Look: Newest Rossignol X-Ium Premium SK Course
- New Spine Classic Boots – Editorial Glance
- Unique Version Of Still Rare Alpina Elite 3.0 ECL Spotted
- Equipment Update: What We Saw At First International Race Of Season
- Straight From Source: Salomon Nordic Director Nicolas Stamos Talks About Gear & Business