Good news: long-distance skiers are significantly less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease than matched non-skiers, says new complex study .
Scientists in Sweden analyzed medical records of nearly 200,000 long-distance skiers who took part in the Vasaloppet cross-country ski race. They established that a physically active lifestyle is associated with close to a 30% reduced risk for PD, which might be explained by a motor reserve among the physically active.
- Russian Athletes To Be Called National Athletes of Russia. Confused? You Are Not Alone
- Petter Northug Sentenced To 7 Months In Jail
- Tatyana Sorina Looks Unstoppable On Tracks – Eight Months After Having Baby!
- Engadin Refuses To Give Up!
- Zakopane Junior World Championships 2021 Cancelled, FIS Looks For Alternatives