Thea Krokan Murud – about her ultra-long skiing gig on the weekend:
– There was two of us: my friend Julie Vollum Bø (Norway’s ex U23 champion in cycling and ultrarunner )
– No, were not trying to set a new world record, just wanted to go skiing for 24 hours.
– The loop was about 15 km, in Lillehammer.
– The food that works best is the food you really like, because you have to eat a lot – even when you don’t really want to. I used sports drinks, bars, homemade buns, chocolate, candy, Coke – everything I could’ve think of f with a lot of sugar in it.
– The important thing was to keep warm so my Swix Paragon jacket was a good choice – warm and comfortable.
-Feel good today, actually – it only hurts in elbows and ankles.
All photos are courtesy of @Theamurud Instagram
- Five Skiers Born In XXI Century Who Kicked Some Ass In First Races Of Season
- Peter Schlickenrieder: There Is No Way This System Can Continue. Big Changes Need To Happen
- Vuokatti Will Host FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships In February 2021
- Natalia Nepryaeva: I Don’t Do Screaming, Shouting Or Public Breaking Of Poles
- Markus Cramer: It’s Time For Change At FIS , Especially Way It Handles International Competitions