Thea Krokan Murud – about her ultra-long skiing gig on the weekend:
– There was two of us: my friend Julie Vollum Bø (Norway’s ex U23 champion in cycling and ultrarunner )
– No, were not trying to set a new world record, just wanted to go skiing for 24 hours.
– The loop was about 15 km, in Lillehammer.
– The food that works best is the food you really like, because you have to eat a lot – even when you don’t really want to. I used sports drinks, bars, homemade buns, chocolate, candy, Coke – everything I could’ve think of f with a lot of sugar in it.
– The important thing was to keep warm so my Swix Paragon jacket was a good choice – warm and comfortable.
-Feel good today, actually – it only hurts in elbows and ankles.
All photos are courtesy of @Theamurud Instagram
- Arne Idland: athletes from 13 nations will compete at Blink Skifestival this year
- Federico Pellegrino: Long Training Camps Are Key To Why Russians Are Strong
- Olli Ohtonen, Iivo Niskanen’s Coach, On Modern Training Methods Of Top Athletes
- Pellegrino, De Fabiani To Train With Cramer At Team Russia
- Evgeniya Krupitskaya: No Haters Writing To Me – Definite Sign I’m No Star Yet