For the first time in 13 years Martin Johnsrud Sundby did not make the cut and is left outside the Team Norway squad, according to NRK.
That despite Johannes Klaebo going back to the Sprint group from the Distance one – the total number of male skiers in the national team is being cut from 15 to 12.
Sundby, the reigning world champion on 15k, did not have a single World Cup podium last year.
There is a little doubt though that the 35 year from Oslo Holmenkollen would be able to pay for his Oberstdorf-2021 preparations out of pocket, should he choose to do so: his latest tax declaration indicates an income of of some NOK 7.8 million for 2018.
- Klæbo Won’t Compete In World Cup In December
- FIS World Cup Makes Comeback On Top Russian Sport TV Channel
- Gjerdalen Takes Over Long-distance Team, Two Maverick Skiers To Assist Him
- Lillehammer World Cup Stage’ 2020 Cancelled After All
- Yelena Vyalbe: We Need Additional Half-a-million Euros Just For Corona-testing