Marcialonga 2020 and Vasalopppet 2019 winner Tore Bjørseth Berdal has just announced his retirement from competitive skiing.
“The time has come to hang my skis, finish my studies and start a new job” a 32 year old leader of Team Koteng says on Instagram
Berdal is not just a very good skier – he’s a soul of Team Koteng (previously known as Team United Bakeries) and the whole of the Visma Ski Classics series. Remember that old “Women love him, men want to be him ” line? Might as well have been said about Tore!
…His retirement comes just days after another long distance skiing maverick, old-world champion and Marchialonga 2017 winner Tord Asle Gjerdalen from Team Ragde announced his.
Thanks a million for all the great moments on ski tracks, gentlemen – we are going to miss you!
- Olli Ohtonen, Iivo Niskanen’s Coach, On Modern Training Methods Of Top Athletes
- Pellegrino, De Fabiani To Train With Cramer At Team Russia
- Evgeniya Krupitskaya: No Haters Writing To Me – Definite Sign I’m No Star Yet
- World Shall Be Theirs. Soon!
- Daily Skier At Oberstdorf 2021: Women 10k F In Pictures That Say It All