Jessica Löschke injured her leg badly in training accident in Oberwiesenthal, the local media reports.
A German Junior Team member’s pole snapped while bounding with a broken tip piercing the flesh so deep that local paramedics couldn’t remove it.
Löschke, 20, had to be airlifted to the clinic in Dresden where trauma specialists performed an emergency surgery.
” Jessica was very lucky – neither key blood vessels, nor nerves were damaged ” team doctor Tom Kastner told German media.
Löschke is one of the big up & coming talents in the German team – even if the Juniors’ World at home in Oberwiesenthal didn’t exactly go her way this March. Wish Jessica a speedy recovery and comeback to the tracks!
- Bold Move: Russia Brings Ambitious & Successful Juniors To Oberstdorf-21
- Beginning Of February, Bolshunov Wins World Cup 2020/21
- No Fans At Oberstdorf 2021 After All
- Sergey Ustiugov & Last Chance Saloon For Oberstdorf
- Russian Athletes To Be Called National Athletes of Russia. Confused? You Are Not Alone