Key takeaways for Petter Northug’s press-conference in Trondheim on Friday:
– have serious substance abuse problem, both drugs and alcohol
– never took drugs or alcohol while competing
– tried cocaine for the first time in January 2019
– wasn’t under influence when stopped by police last Thursdsy for speeding, traces of cocaine were residual from using two days prior
– in other times was driving at 200km/h while filming myself on smartphone.
– police found around 10g of cocaine when searched home.
– prepared to take responsibility but seek professional help.
Screengrabs are courtesy of NRK and TV2 Norge