” The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Cross Country Sport Committee has voted to formally restructure many of our national-level competitions for the 2020-21 season. This includes the SuperTour, U.S. National Championships, and the Junior National Championships. These events will be replaced with high-level regional and divisional competitions-including season ending Regional Junior Championship in each Region of the country, at the discretion of local organizing committees and regional governing bodies…”
That’s from the letter by U.S. Ski & Snowboard President and CEO Tiger Shaw & his colleagues from the so-called Discretionary Selection Review Group, basically a task-force created to deal with 2020 challenges.
The reasoning used:
“…Even in individual start racing, social distancing challenges exist in race formats where athletes are in close proximity (i.e. passing each other) ..”Also regional restrictions, no vaccine – and unacceptable financial risks.
NCAA , the student sports association, has its own steering committee and its aren’t affected by this ruling – so far, at least
- Peter Schlickenrieder On How World Cup Should Look
- Skiing Of Tomorrow: Indoor, With Wall Projection Panels Instead Of Dreary Looking Walls
- Spine That Does Things Differently (But Finally Launches Its Website)
- Nejc Brodar: Slovenians Are Sporty Nation. People Put Heart Into It
- Key Quotes From Petter Northug’s Presser :