…You obviously noticed them guys with enigmatically looking SRS letters on their bibs, that are a fixture of any FIS World Cup stage. Looking trim and fit enough to be taking part in the races themselves, they are most often seen doing what looks like interval training , visibly oblivious to the hustle & bustle around them.
Those are “company test pilots” – the people who help develop & test world’s most advanced skis at any given moment in time – and prototypes for the future big events. Their job is easy to define yet extremely difficult to implement: to make sure that their firm’s athletes have absolutely best skis at all times. The skis that will sail them to the podiums.
Today we talk to Simon Caprini, Rossignol’ senior racing manager – the man Alex Bolshunov, Pål Golberg, Emma Ribom rely upon and call friend.
- Yuri Borodavko: Bolshunov Is As Ready As Last Year, Nepryaeva Will Have Tough Beginning Of Season
- Natalia Nepryaeva: I Don’t Do Screaming, Shouting Or Public Breaking Of Poles
- Markus Cramer: It’s Time For Change At FIS , Especially Way It Handles International Competitions
- FIS Skiweltcup Dresden : Show Will Go On!
- Skier And Skin Impurities . Candid Talk About Long Battle, Won