At the upcoming World championships – including the one in Oberstdorf and, possibly, the Juniors World at Vuokatti the Russian skiers would once again be stripped from their national anthem and coat of arms. That stems from the recent CAS decision that punished Russian for alleged doping transgressions. Yelena Vyalbe, the boss of the national skiing told told the Russian press, that her skiers would be called instead “National athletes of Russia” and the FIS anthem would be played should they win.
Photo courtesy of Evgenia Krupitskaya, Russian Junior National team
- Petter Northug Sentenced To 7 Months In Jail
- Tatyana Sorina Looks Unstoppable On Tracks – Eight Months After Having Baby!
- Engadin Refuses To Give Up!
- Zakopane Junior World Championships 2021 Cancelled, FIS Looks For Alternatives
- Klaebo And Karlsson Generate Most Interest. How Come We Are Not Surprised?