What Pål Golberg is wearing is a Catapult vest. For the last few years it became an absolute must-have for elite football squads as well as other team sports.
As the manufacturer says “..the smart compression crop top features a small tracking pod that packs in GPS, accelerometer and magnetometer. It will record data on distance covered, sprint acceleration, sprints completed and sprint distance. It’ll even generate heat maps…”
The vest itself is not terribly expensive, under 300 euros – what does cost quite a buck is a development of the sport-specific software. What use does the football-related one has? No, you’d want to have one tailored to the needs of cross-country skiing and, more specifically, Pål Golberg’s needs.
In Gary Lineker’s immortal quote “Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win”. Well, now you know how the Norwegians win in xcskiing: by being ahead of the pack.
- Olli Ohtonen, Iivo Niskanen’s Coach, On Modern Training Methods Of Top Athletes
- Evgeniya Krupitskaya: No Haters Writing To Me – Definite Sign I’m No Star Yet
- Daily Skier At Oberstdorf 2021: Skiathlon Is Waxers’ Contest
- Five Skiers Born In XXI Century Who Kicked Some Ass In First Races Of Season
- Egor Sorin: Russian Skiers Are Well Provided For – Better Than Most Other Teams. It Would Matter In Crisis Times